GUAM BOARD OF ALLIED HEALTH EXAMINERS
The primary purpose of Allied Health Practice Act is “to protect the public against unprofessional, improper, incompetent, unlawful, fraudulent or deceptive practices by persons who practice the healing art. This Act, therefore, shall provide for the proper guidelines, such as education requirements, continuing education requirements, licensing and renewal procedures, professional conduct, and any other matter, which the Board deems appropriate in serving the interests of the community. The primary purpose of this Act is to protect the public against unprofessional, improper, incompetent, unlawful, fraudulent, or deceptive practices by persons who practice the healing art. This Act, therefore, shall provide for the proper guidelines, such as education requirements, continuing education requirements, licensing and renewal procedures, professional conduct and any other matter, which the Board deems appropriate in serving the interests of the community.” 10 GCA § 12801.
The GBAHE is guided by Title 10 Chapter 12 Article 8 and the following articles 10 GCA Ch. 12 in the licensure, regulation, and discipline of the following professions:
- Article 9. Acupuncture.
- Article 10. Audiology.
- Article 11. Chiropractic.
- Article 12. Clinical Psychology.
- Article 13.
- Licensed Professional Counselor,
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor,
- Marriage and Family Therapist
- Articles 7 and 14. Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapist Assistants.
- Article 15. Physical Therapy.
- Article 16. Physician Assistant.
- Article 17. Podiatric Medicine.
- Article 18. Speech Language Pathology.
- Article 19. Veterinary Medicine.
- Article 20. Respiratory Therapy.
- Article 21. Nutritionist/Clinical Dietitian.
- Article 22. Nursing Home Administrator.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- Licensed Marriage Family Therapist
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Nutritionist/Clinical Dietician
- Nursing Home Administrator
- Occupational Therapist
- Physical Therapist
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Physician Assistant
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Certified Respiratory Therapist
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Speech Language Pathology Assistant
GBAHE Board Members
Dr. Mamie Balajadia
Clinical Psychologist, Chairperson
Licensed Professional Counselor, Vice Chairperson
Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Marriage and Family Therapist, Secretary
Catherine San Nicolas
Nutritionist/Clinical Dietitian, Treasurer
Speech Language Pathologist, Member
Dr. Richard Chong
Dr. Dennis Triolo
Dr. Gregory Miller
Dr. Ryan Claros
Physical Therapist, Member
Physician Assistant, Member
Occupational Therapist, Member
Respiratory Therapist, Member
Dr. Paul Pomes