FAQ#1: How do I apply for licensure on Guam?

Response: There are two ways to apply for licensure on Guam, one is via endorsement and the other is via examination. If you have already passed the NAPLEX and currently hold an active license in another state/jurisdiction, you may apply for a Guam license via endorsement. If you haven’t completed the NAPLEX, you may apply via examination with the GBEP.

Please note : In addition to completing the NAPLEX, Guam also requires all applicants to complete the Guam Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE). Registration for either exam can be done via the NABP website. Applications can be found online by visiting www.guamhplo.org/gbep. The cover page of each application includes a checklist to assist with the process.



FAQ #2: How do I apply for licensure on Guam if I’m a foreign applicant?

Response: Foreign pharmacists need to complete three different examinations, FPGEE, NAPLEX, and Guam MPJE. Application by examination will also need to be submitted to our office.


FAQ #3 : Does the Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) of Non-Resident Pharmacies need to hold a Guam license?

Response: Yes. If the PIC does not hold a Guam license, they will need to apply for one.


FAQ #4: Is an electronic license transfer request required by the Guam Board of Examiners for Pharmacy?

Response: No, it is not. Currently, an initial application from the Guam Board of Examiners for Pharmacy is what is needed to apply for a license.