“The Health Professional Boards protects, promotes, and advocates for the health and safety of the community by pursuing the highest quality of care through education, communication, licensing, legislation, regulation, and enforcement.”
Creates, develops, implements and monitors programs and projects in line with the mission of DPHSS and HPLO, in compliance with local and federal laws and within the national standards and best practices of the healthcare profession.
The goal of licensure is to ensure that the licensees have the degree and competency necessary to ensure that public health, safety and or welfare are protected for our island community.
HPLO provides licenses to following nine professional boards:
- Emergency Medical Services
- Guam Board of Allied Health Examiners
- Guam Board of Barbering and Cosmetology
- Guam Board of Examiners for Dentistry
- Guam Board of Examiners for Optometry
- Guam Board of Examiners for Pharmacy
- Guam Board of Medical Examiners
- Guam Board of Nurse Examiners
- Guam Board of Social Work